Environmental Management deals with a number of important issues under the broad themes of Biodiversity and Ecosystems Management; Water and Energy Conservation; and Waste Management. The principles of sustainable development are the cornerstones of the publication. Protecting our fabulous floral and faunal biodiversity in this country and generally conserving our invaluable resources involves careful planning of projects at concept stage: this is governed by the Environmental Impact Assessment regulations. Further management, at both construction and operational phases of projects, is governed by Environmental Management Plans.
- Growthpoint launches a new green waste-to-soil initiative
- Vukile’s agile water-saving strategy cuts consumption at its shopping centres
- Growthpoint powers innovation with its NWU Solar Car team sponsorship
- ENGIE accelerates its development in the off-grid energy market by joining forces with Fenix, a pioneer in Africa’s Solar Home System market
- Anti-poaching equipment to the value of R2,7 million donated to Sanparks